First, before installing the O-ring (O-shaped rubber se […]
First, before installing the O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring), check the following items:
1. Whether the lead-in angle is processed according to the drawing, whether the sharp edge is chamfered or rounded;
2. Whether the inner diameter is deburred and whether there is pollution on the surface;
3. Whether the seals and parts have been coated with grease or lubricating fluid (to ensure the media compatibility of the elastomer, it is recommended to use the sealed fluid for lubrication);
4. Do not use grease containing solid additives, such as molybdenum disulfide and zinc sulfide.
Second, Manual installation of O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring):
1. Use tools without sharp edges;
2. Ensure that the O-ring (O-shaped rubber seal ring) is not twisted, and the O-ring (O-shaped rubber seal ring) shall not be excessively stretched;
3. Try to use auxiliary tools to install O-rings (O-shaped rubber seals) and ensure correct positioning;
4. For the O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring) bonded with a sealing strip, it must not be stretched at the joint.
Third, installation screws, splines, etc.
1. When the O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring) is stretched, it is necessary to use a mounting mandrel when passing screws, splines, keyways, etc. The mandrel can be made of soft and smooth metal or plastic without burrs or sharp edges.
2. When installing the compression screw, the screws should be tightened symmetrically, not in the order of directions.