EPDM rubber is a copolymer of ethylene, propylene and a small amount of a third monomer non-conjugated diene. International name: Ethyiene Propyene Diene Methyiene referred to as EPDM. It has excellent UV resistance, weather resistance, heat aging resistance, low temperature resistance, ozone resistance, chemical resistance, water resistance, good electrical insulation and elasticity, and other physical and mechanical properties. These advantages are irreplaceable by other materials such as PVC.
It is extruded by microwave vulcanization process, the surface is smooth and beautiful, with good elasticity and compression deformation resistance, aging resistance, ozone resistance and chemical corrosion resistance, wide operating temperature range (-10°C~+200°C), etc, excellent performance, no hardening with cold, good sealing performance, wide temperature range of use, rubber foaming and compacting, for different shapes, different materials, or cold, heat, foam, solid, and products with special performance requirements can meet the needs of design and use, and are durable and easy to install.
1. EPDM has excellent weather resistance. It means long-term resistance to severe cold, heat, dryness and humidity. It has excellent corrosion resistance to rain and snow water erosion and can completely extend the use of rubber strips. life;
2. Heat aging resistance means that it has strong heat aging resistance. It can be used at 100-120 °C for a long time. It can maintain effective physical properties for a long period of time at 140-150 °C. It can withstand high temperatures of 230-260 °C in a short time. To the time delay; plus the use of special formula, EPDM rubber is similar in the sense of -50 ° C to 150 ° C, which creates high efficiency performance for production site installation.
3. Because EPDM has excellent ozone resistance, it is also known as “crack-free rubber”. It is especially used in various urban buildings with different atmospheric indexes and completely exposed to the air. It will also show its products superiority.
4. Anti-ultraviolet radiation, to provide high-rise building residents to protect the environment; can withstand 60 ~ 150KV voltage, corona resistance, electric crack resistance, arc resistance, it is also very good and has low temperature elasticity, the temperature at which the tensile capacity reaches 100 MPa is -58.8 °C.
5. Due to its excellent physical and mechanical properties, it is often used in the manufacture of aircraft, cars, trains, passenger cars, ships, high and low voltage switchgear, glass curtain wall, aluminum alloy heat insulation window sealing parts and diving products, high pressure steam hose waterproof parts such as tunnels, viaduct joints and other industrial and agricultural sealing parts.
Sealing rubber part Sponge glue part
Applicable temperature -40~140°C -35~150°C
Hardness 50~80°CA 10~30°C
Tensile strength (>) ≥10
Elongation at break (>) 200~600% 200~400%
Compression set for 24 hours 70 (≯) 35% 40%
Density 1.2~1.35 0.3~0.8